Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day One

I'm going to try this blogging thing on a weekly basis to help me on my new "Healthy Lifestyle"! I am hoping not only to lose weight, but to change my eating and exercise weekly to get healthy and feel better about myself! I have to believe that I am worth it and I need to do this for not only my family and kids, but for myself! I don't know if anyone will follow this blog, but I still want to write out everything I can so that it helps me feel better about myself and my life.

Let me introduce myself. I am a 38-year-old stay-at-home Mom. I am been doing this for over 7 years now. I have been married to my wonderful husband for going on 12 years now, but we have been together for almost 17 years. We have three beautiful little girls aged 7, 5, and 2 1/2. They keep me busy and frantic at the same time, so it's a bit chaotic sometimes in this household. My hubby's job has taken us from town to town, state to state, so I don't have friends or realtives close by to help me on this journey. I do have my hubby though and he's very supportive and wanting to lose weight and get fit and healthy also.

So far today, I have done well with the eating, but here I am on the computer typing instead of working around the house or exercising, but that's my biggest problem. Getting up and doing this is just boring to me. I'd rather waste my day away playing on the computer, looking up things on the internet or watching TV. I do like to sew and craft though. I get great enjoyment with that. I am getting ready to start quilting also. I'm hoping that all of the sewing and crafting will keep me busy and out of the kitchen. I love to snack! I am really good at keeping fatty foods out of the house. I was diagnosed with Diabetes Type II in 2002, before having my oldest daughter, so I know what I should do when it comes to food, BUT the things I do buy to eat, I eat loads and loads of it! I don't drink enough water either because I am addicted to Diet Mountain Dew! Love that stuff!

My short term goals are:
  1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
  2. Get on a daily routine to clean house
  3. exercise three times per week
  4. eat 6 small meals per day instead of 3 large meals and lots of snacking
  5. not to eat after 7pm

My long term goals are:

  1. lose over 150 lbs
  2. get fit and feel strong
  3. maybe walk a local "marathon" like race (no running though)
  4. Get off all the medication I am having to take for my diabetes, hypertention, high cholesterol, and my "happy" pill.

I sure hope I can accomplish these goals. I am getting older and it's getting harder and harder to change my ways and think differently. I don't want to get older and have lots of medical problems that I am taking 10 pills twice a day. This blog will hopefully help me accomplish these goals and make me feel great about myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment